Essential reading from the Paris Summit
With thanks to Paul Maassen Director, Civil Society Engagement Open Government Partnership Support Unit.
For more on Civil Society Morning
For more on the OGP Summit
- Paris Declaration. To contribute to the collective actions, please see https://paris-declaration.
- Opening Plenary Speech by President Francois Hollande, France
- Video message from President Obama, United States
- Video message from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Canada
- Opening Plenary Speech by Ambassador Samantha Power, United States
- Opening Plenary Speech by Marina Walker Guevara, ICIJ
- Opening Plenary Speech by Emily O’Reilly, EU Ombudsman
- Opening Plenary Speech by Manish Bapna, Co-Chair OGP Steering Committee
- Opening Plenary Speech by Sanjay Pradhan, CEO OGP
For video recordings of sessions from the Summit livestream, click here. For all photos from the Summit, please visit OGP’s Flickr page.
All OGP summit-related links and updates – including speeches, videos, and publications – are available here. We will continue to update this page with relevant links.
OGP Publications from the Summit
- Infographic: How OGP is delivering for civil society – English | French | Spanish
- The impact of open government: assessing the evidence (Report by The Brookings Institution)
- Results of early Open Government Partnership initiatives
Post-summit blog posts
- A New Light Shines on Africa by Warren Krafchik and Vivek Ramkumar
- Divide, rant and conquer: Addressing the difficulty of 2016 and the future of open government at #OGP16 by Mor Rubinstein
- From Paris Agreement to Paris Declaration: Open Government’s Climate Action Role by Jesse Worker
- Open government reformers warn of growing dangers to democracy by Alex Howard
- Press freedom on OGP agenda as authoritarianism rises by Joel Simon
- The Future of Open Government by Manish Bapna and Jean-Vincent Placé
- What cities hope to do in the Open Government Partnership by Christopher Swope