Network Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
Two departures from the Network Steering Committee have brought forward our plans to move on to a new or refreshed leadership group.
Craig Thomler stepped down as he took up a new position at the beginning of the month and Phil Newman has finished up as CEO of Transparency International Australia. Thanks to both for great contributions over the past year.
The remaining members of what was always seen as an interim leadership group are our chair former Queensland Integrity Commissioner Dr David Solomon (Accountability Roundtable), Kat Szuminska (OpenAustralia Foundation), Associate Professor Johan Lidberg of Monash University (Individual Member), Jon Lawrence (Electronic Frontiers Australia), Dr Nicholas Gruen (Open Knowledge Australia) and me as convener.
Nominations are now open, can be made by email (250 words or less) to email@example.com and close on 31 March.
The committee needs to work with the membership to identify issues vital to our communities, to influence government to address those issues, and hold government to account.
We need a mix of representatives of member civil society organisations and individual members who
- feel strongly that government should be more open transparent and inclusive;
- bring knowledge and experience from community, professional or other involvements;
- can assist to build, grow and develop the network;
- have an understanding of government and the way it works, and
- combine strategic thinking skills with preparedness to roll up the sleeves, get things done and work effectively as part of a team.
Please set out background and experience and what you would bring to the committee’s work and declare any interests relevant to taking a position on the committee.
If you feel you can contribute, or know a colleague who could do so send a brief outline to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March.